Thursday 27 May 2010

Spring Fling

Well if it isn't our old friend, Orrery... the inspiration for this blog, the home of the truly expensive Bellini! (see my first post, A Bellini Moment, when I was still hesitant about outing restaurants). If you feel so inspired, you still have a few days left, as the offer ends May 31st. But you should be forewarned, I just had the wonderfully priced, Menu Prix Fixe for lunch at Galvin Bistrot de Luxe (love these titles), an offer which does not end on May 31st.

At £15.50, this 3 course lunch fell nicely within my recession budget, and was truly delicious. I especially loved the pollock. I did not sample the Bellini- wrong time of day- but a lovely chat just now with Mody at the restaurant, informed me that their Bellini’s are £7.75, and made with Ca’ Morlin prosecco. Though I don't know it well, Decanter.com says about Ca’Morlin: ‘Very easy-drinking. Everything is in its place, with pear drops, minerals, green apples and citrus rind tantalising the nose. The mousse is delicate and floral, with rosy apples in the mouth.’

I’ll return to Baker St. one evening soon to sample my beloved Bellini, but I also look forward to giving the B. girl a twirl across town, at Galvin La Chapelle.


Spring Offer at Orrery
During the month May we are delighted to offer a special three-course spring menu for £30 including a Bellini cocktail. This is the perfect excuse to sample Igor Tymchyshyn's elegant cooking in Orrery's stylish setting.
Menu Du Jour
First course
Jerusalem artichoke velouté, cumin seeds, crouton
Pâté de campagne, toasted Poilâne, apricot chutney
Smoked salmon, dill dressing
Main course
Roast sea bass with peas, lardons, potato gnocchi
Spinach and ricotta ravioli, ceps
Poulet farci aux morilles, broad beans, baby leeks vin jaune velouté
Dessert
Berry preserve frangipane, blackberry sorbet
Selection of sorbets
Farmhouse cheese from the trolley
(5.50 supplement)


3 courses £25.00
3 courses £30.00 including a Bellini Cocktail*
*Subject to availability



Galvin Bistrot de Luxe
66 Baker St.
London W1U 7DJ
tel 020 7935 4007

Orrery
55 Marylebone High St.
London W1U 5RB
tel 020 7616 8000

No comments: