Thursday 3 December 2009

Tiger Woe


I realize this has nothing to do with Bellini’s, but Lulu, Sinclair and I were having coffee this morning, and The Sun had this on the cover. I couldn’t resist sharing it with all my friends across the pond. The English have such a way with words.



Speaking of which, the brilliant Rolling Stones song, 'Spider and the Fly,' came to mind when I thought of Tiger's 'transgressions.' It has a bit of drinking in it, though I think the drink mentioned must be Whiskey, with a capital W, and not a dear B.

It starts out:

Sittin' thinkin' sinkin' drinkin'
Wondering what I'd do when I'm through tonight
Smoking moping, maybe just hopin'
Some little girl will pass on by
Don't wanna be alone but I love my girl at home
I remember what she said
She said, "My, my, my don't tell lies, keep fidelity in your head
My, my, my, don't tell lies. When you're done you show go to be.
Don't say hi, like a spider to a fly
Jump right ahead and you're dead

You should see, and hear the full track at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FDedLtT5sno&feature=related and share all your woes with Mr. Woods, though a Bellini in hand would be much less tragic, I believe, than a Whiskey.

*I should add that there is another song also entitled, Spider and the Fly, sung by Fats Waller, and inspired by the 1829 Mary Howitt poem of the same name. Well worth a listen, at http://music.aol.com/song/player/audioplayer.jsp



No comments: